To create a screencast use a program called recordmydesktop:
recordmydesktop -fps 5 -o outfile.ogv
Use Ctrl-C to end the screencast. The program will start encoding the raw data to an Ogg Vorbis video file. Here are some useful options:
- -x, -y, -width, -height: specifies a rectangular area to capture
- -windowid: specifies which window to capture. Use xwininfo to get the window ID.
- -fps: specifies the number of frames per second
- --no-sound: prevents capturing audio
- --full-shots: capture full frames. This will cost more resources but it allows you to capture GL windows.
recordmydesktop --no-sound -fps 25 -windowid 0x2600012 -o outfile.ogv